It doesn't require a lot of extra time, and, as you can see, it is not as organized as I'd like (no parallel structure of author, title, info). Having this would really increase the value of what I listen to.
PBS Newshour
December 28, 2011
Ron Charles' Fiction Recommendations 2011
- Jesmyn Ward, "Salvage the Bones", National Book Award
- "State of Wonder" by Ann Patchett, she opened a bookstore this year, wrote "Bel Canto"
- historical novel by Mary Doria Russell, "Doc"
- "The Marriage Plot" by Jeffrey Eugenides, most people remember "Middlesex." It won the Pulitzer Prize, "The Virgin Suicides" before that.
Watch Book Critic Ron Charles Discusses Year's Best Works of Fiction on PBS. See more from PBS NewsHour.
Some podcasts have transcripts, (for this one, see: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/entertainment/july-dec11/roncharles_12-28.html) but I do wish more podcasts (and videos) had an actual summary or a list of references, like you describe.
ReplyDeleteI guess that takes more planning than just sitting down in front of a mic and spewing words for 10 minutes. :P
They do have transcripts. That's where I got all my info from. I copy-and-pasted and then deleted the irrelevant parts. But I want LINKS. esp since I'm already on my phone, it should be really easy for me to add these books on goodreads or amazon wishlist or something.
ReplyDeletehttps://twitter.com/#!/search/salvage%20the%20bones
https://twitter.com/#!/search/state%20of%20wonder
http://www.npr.org/2011/06/20/137172645/state-of-wonder-deftly-twists-turns-off-the-map
https://twitter.com/#!/search/doc%20russell
https://twitter.com/#!/search/%22the%20marriage%20plot%22
links aren't live in comments? another missed opportunity for efficiency!
ReplyDelete